Position is open until filled.
Responsible for all broadcast and production engineering services for Southern Oregon Public Television (SOPTV), maintaining two remote mountain top transmitters and 12 translator sites. Responsible for all maintenance, testing, modification, documentation and supervision of the technical operation in compliance with all FCC rules and regulation.
Serve as SOPTV’s technical advisor to the President & CEO and management staff of changes in technology. Serve as SOPTV’s FCC designated Chief Operator.
Full time position with benefits; Exempt status.
- Five years of station-level broadcast television engineering experience. Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and professional work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of broadcast electronics, RF broadcast operations, legacy video technology, digital delivery systems, automation systems, technical systems design and component-level repair and troubleshooting.
- Thorough knowledge of FCC rules, regulations and compliance requirements.
- Excellent judgment and ability to diagnose, problem solve and handle complex issues under pressure or in emergency situations.
- Experience establishing engineering policies and procedures and maintain equipment inventory.
- Excellent verbal communications and written skills with the ability to research, design and document procedures, workflows and processes.
- Ability to supervise contractors effectively.
- Ability to work in an on-call environment and with a flexible schedule, including extended hours on occasion at night or weekends.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and carry short distances.
- Able to manage budget and prepare bids.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Previous public television station experience and familiarity with PBS content distribution systems and content storage and retrieval systems.
- Resourceful approach to engineering and equipment procurement.
- Experience managing complex technical projects.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Able to supervise and train staff on use of equipment.
- Self-starter and able to work with moderate supervision.
SOPTV Chief Engineer
Engineering and Technical Operations
Full Time, Exempt position
Date Posted: March 26, 2016; Position is Open until Filled
Location: SOPTV, 28 South Fir Street, Ste. 200, Medford, Oregon 97501
Submit a cover letter outlining how your training, experience and accomplishments meet or exceed the required qualifications and skills, along with a detailed resume.
Apply via e-mail: email@example.com using this subject line: “ENGINEER – Your Last Name”
28 South Fir Street, Ste. 200
Medford , OR 97501
Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
Southern Oregon Public Television is an Equal Opportunity Employer.