Position: Full-time position
Position Summary: SOPTV is seeking an experienced development professional to oversee our high-performing individual giving program and grow our major gift and planned giving program.
The Development Director is responsible for securing funds for the organization by cultivating, soliciting and stewarding SOPTV donors and new prospects for gifts of $1,000 or more. The successful candidate will be able to work collaboratively with SOPTV staff to develop donor-focused strategies to advance long-term relationships with interested individuals.
Position requires flexible working hours and may involve frequent regional travel. Ability to work collaboratively with volunteers, Board members and SOPTV staff. The position reports to SOPTV’s President.
- Proven ability to initiate, build, and maintain successful relationships with as many as 75-100 prospective donors;
- Three years or more of successful personal solicitation experience;
- Experience with donor identification tools and contact management databases;
- Experience managing special events;
- Ability to work on a number of simultaneous projects;
- Ability to project a professional demeanor and be successful working in a team environment;
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of southern Oregon community;
- Experience with planned giving;
- Prior experience working in public broadcasting.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: HR@SOPTV.org or via mail to SOPTV Human Resources, 28 South Fir Street, Suite 200, Medford, Oregon 97501.