Why Businesses Support SOPTV
Dear Business Executives & Owners;
My name is Robert Mead. As SOPTV’s Corporate Support Manager, I see new roles for our PBS station — new opportunities to connect our communities, to strengthen our region, and to partner with organizations of all kinds.
Imagine what will be possible if SOPTV connects nonprofits, government agencies, civic groups, individuals, businesses, and corporations — using the power of television as a focal point for leaders in the cities, towns, and neighborhoods throughout southern Oregon and northern California. The result won’t be just great television, but new levels of collaboration that make very real, measurable differences in people’s lives. We’ve done this with local businesses and corporations who support popular PBS programs and recent projects like Town Hall that touch on issues of importance to our viewers. But we can do much more.
I’m writing today hoping you share my belief in what’s possible if business executives and owners will take a few minutes to meet with me. I’m interested in your thoughts, perspectives, ideas, and suggestions about the challenges facing the communities we serve. If you’re interested, I’d also like your advice on how SOPTV can be most effective in addressing those specific challenges you believe are important.
Please let me know when we might be able to meet. Thirty minutes of your time would help me in focusing our powerful, but limited resources. Feel free to call me at 541-779-5653 or contact me online to schedule a meeting.
Thanks in advance for your time and I look forward to meeting with you. For more information, please watch the video below.
SOPTV Corporate Support Manager
SOPTV Your Business Partner
Programs are financially supported by the community we serve.
- Our commitment to local issues and concerns establishes us as a valuable social influence. Your sponsorship of SOPTV demonstrates a shared commitment to our mission to connect with our community by inspiring, educating, and enlightening our viewers.
- Programs are financially supported by the community we serve.
PBS was voted #1 in public trust.*
- A sponsorship with public broadcasting makes a powerful statement about your business. PBS research has consistently shown that sponsors are perceived as acting in the public good, as opposed to advertisers trying to push products. This creates a unique editorial environment that no other medium has.
- PBS was voted #1 in public trust.*
PBS is available in 99% of households.
- While we attract a wide-ranging audience that mirrors our overall population, audiences for many programs often skew towards higher levels of education, income, and influence. In general, SOPTV can help businesses reach these types of consumers more effectively than any other medium.
- PBS is available in 99% of households.
#1 rated News programs, #1 rated Children’s programs.*
- Our programming is the keystone of the unique relationship we share with our audience. More than half of companies have found that by associating themselves with the high-quality programs they sponsor, they in turn build an image of quality themselves.
- #1 rated News programs, #1 rated Children’s programs.*
Public broadcasting programs are virtually interruption free.
- The zipping, zapping, and grazing through channels has become the bane of advertisers and is a natural response to commercial clutter. As a sponsor, your on-air messages are given very selective attention by the SOPTV audience.
- Public broadcasting programs are virtually interruption free.
* 2007 Roper Survey
Who Sponsors SOPTV?
Who to Contact for More Information
SOPTV Corporate Support Manager
- Robert Mead